Friday, June 3, 2011

Mary Blair Goodness

Boy, is it the time for babies! For my friend's baby shower coming up I thought what better inspiration than the fab artist, Mary Blair.


Here she is rocking a pretty peasant top and gold cuff while she works.




I decided to make a quilt and incorporated Mary's art into it. I love making quilts because they are pretty easy when you use a pattern and I always have tons of vintage fabric scraps.
 (I hoard fabric).



Just a little print job onto some iron on paper and voila! I also made some cute onesies to match the theme.


Add some buttons and you have an easy baby gift. I bought my gently used onesies for 95 cents.
 Score!

3 comments:

  1. So cool and SEW cool!! Last night I was thinking about the next wacky tacky icon and decided it should be Mary Blair. Great minds and all that........ Have fun tomorrow. These are going to be a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I love this, Mrs. H. Love you! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete